There are labors of love, and then there’s our hot coal chicken. There’s a whole lotta love in this dinner tonight, Fam. Let’s hit the rewind button: We marinated the chicken in a harissa blend for 12 whole stinkin’ hours! Next we roasted it, and once that was finished, we began the coal-charred fun. After making sure the coals were reaaaally hot (like, really hot) we placed the chicken on a metal rack and placed it over the coals. This is where your chicken got its beautiful roasty-toasty coloring. Comin’ in hot: It’s hot coal chicken time 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Harissa marinated & coal-charred statler chicken breast
- Bamboo sticky rice with charred ginger, lemongrass & lime leaf
- Blistered shishito & cucumber salad
- Crushed peanuts
- Citrus vinaigrette
- Avocado aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 12-15 minutes
- Set your oven to 400F.
- Place your chicken, skin side up, on your foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
The Bamboo Sticky Rice
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
The Blistered Shishito & Cucumber Salad with Crushed Peanuts & Citrus Vinaigrette
- Toss the salad, crushed peanuts, and the vinaigrette in a bowl. Mix, mix, mix it up!
Your chicken should take center stage on your plate, and you can surround it with the rice and shishito & cuke salad. The avocado aioli can go on the chicken… or really, anything!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!