Fall may be right around the corner but that doesn’t mean “hot girl summer” has to end! The motto is all about feeling good, having fun, and loving being unapologetically you. And this big bowl of easy, fresh, vibrant pesto-y pasta tastiness definitely gives us those vibes. How could it not, with the bright, crunchy pistachio mint pesto… The trio of summer veggies… The chili garlic panko and whipped ricotta coming together to add that final sassy flourish and just-right amount of decadence?!? Enjoy, Fam, thanks for being awesome!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s fresh rigatoni
- Pistachio-mint pesto
- Lemon-herb whipped ricotta
- Charred zucchini, corn & tomatoes
- Garlic chili panko
- Pistachio pesto shrimp (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large saucepan
- Butter or olive oil
Total prep time: 15 minutes
How to prep:
- Get a big pot of water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water!). Bring to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab the saucepan and add in a pat of butter or a splash of olive oil. Pop it over medium heat and let the pan warm up.
- Add the zucchini, corn and tomatoes to the pan with a pinch of salt. Give it a quick saute until everything is warmed to your liking (about 1-2 minutes). If you ordered shrimp, you can add it in now to warm up in the pan with the veg!
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the rigatoni and give them a stir. Cook for 3-5 minutes—test them for doneness—but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of the pasta water and strain.
- Toss the rigatoni into the pan with the veggies. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water, then toss in your pesto. Give it all a stir to mix together.
- Heat over low for a few minutes until the sauce clings to the rigatoni. Season with S&P as needed!
To plate, scoop your pesto pasta into a bowl. Sprinkle the garlic chili panko on top and finish with a dollop of that lemon-herb whipped ricotta on top.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!