Is it us, or is there something about even just the name “jambalaya” that sounds like a party? That’s probably because it IS– a big ol’ party for your taste buds.
Like any good fête, this classic Creole and Cajun dish–which draws influence from French, African, and Spanish cuisine–embraces a ‘the more the merrier’ vibe. You’ve got your boldly-seasoned jumbo shrimp, your smoky-spicy Andouille sausage, and your tender chicken thigh, all mixing and mingling together over a vibrant bed of Cajun-spiced rice. Alrighty party peeps, let’s get this good time rollin’– the celebration doesn’t stop ‘til every last bite has been enjoyed!
What’s in your bag:
- Cajun-spiced rice
- Jambalaya ragout with Andouille sausage + braised chicken thigh
- Cajun roasted jumbo shrimp
- Jambalaya jus
- Braised greens with pearl onions + bacon
What you’ll need from home:
- Large saute pan
- Aluminum foil
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Braised Greens
- Add your greens to a saute pan over medium heat and saute for 5-7 minutes until warmed to your liking!
- Transfer the greens to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Keep your saute pan, we’re using it again! Tip: You can also place your greens in an oven-safe dish and keep warm at 200F while you heat the jambalaya.
The Rice, Ragout, Shrimp, + Jus!
- Heat your saute pan over medium heat for a minute or so, to get it nice and hot.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, swirl it around, and then add your sausage + chicken ragout. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Jambalaya jus is up next! Pour it in and give it a mix. Make sure to scrape up any browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan– it just adds to the flavor!
- Add in your rice next and stir to combine. Then, add those shrimpies.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5-8 more minutes, stirring frequently, until hot + steamy.
- Don’t forget to taste and season with S+P to your liking!
To plate it all up, scoop a big spoonful (or two or three) into your serving bowl or plate. Arrange your braised greens to one side, and dig on in!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!