Is it us, or is there something about even just the name “jambalaya” that sounds like a party? That’s probably because it IS– a big ol’ party for your taste buds.
Like any good fête, this classic Creole and Cajun dish–which draws influence from French, African, and Spanish cuisine–embraces a ‘the more the merrier’ vibe. You’ve got your boldly-seasoned jumbo shrimp, your smoky-spicy Andouille sausage, and your tender chicken thigh, all mixing and mingling together over a vibrant bed of Cajun-spiced rice. Alrighty party peeps, let’s get this good time rollin’– the celebration doesn’t stop ‘til every last bite has been enjoyed!
What’s in your bag:
- Cajun-spiced rice with tomatoes & bell peppers
- Jambalaya ragout with Andouille sausage & braised chicken thigh
- Cajun roasted jumbo shrimp
- Jambalaya jus
- Braised greens with pearl onions + bacon
What you’ll need from home:
- Large saute pan
- Aluminum foil
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Braised Greens
- Add your greens to a saute pan over medium heat and saute for 5-7 minutes until warmed to your liking!
- Transfer the greens to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Keep your saute pan, we’re using it again! Tip: You can also place your greens in an oven-safe dish and keep warm at 200F while you heat the jambalaya.
The Ragout, Jus, & Shrimp!
- Heat your saute pan over medium-high heat for a minute or so, to get it nice and hot.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, swirl it around, and then add your sausage & chicken ragout. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Jambalaya jus is up next! Pour it in and give it a mix. Make sure to scrape up any browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan– it just adds to the flavor!
- Add those shrimpies in and reduce the heat to medium-low and warm for 5-8 more minutes, stirring frequently, until hot & steamy.
- Give it a taste, and season with S+P to your liking!
- Transfer rice to a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat for 2-3 minutes, until hot & steamy.
To plate it all up, spoon some rice into your serving bowl or plate. Big scoop of ragout with all the goodies and jus goes on top. Arrange your braised greens to one side, and dig on in!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!