Is it us, or is there something about even just the name “jambalaya” that sounds like a party? That’s probably because it IS– a big ol’ party for your tastebuds ;p
Like any good fête, this classic Creole and Cajun dish–which draws influence from French, African, and Spanish cuisine–embraces a ‘the more the merrier’ vibe. You’ve got your boldly-seasoned jumbo shrimp, your smoky-spicy Andouille sausage, and your tender chicken thigh, all mixing and mingling together over a vibrant bed of Cajun-spiced rice. Alrighty party peeps, let’s get this good time rollin’– the celebration doesn’t stop ‘til every last bite has been enjoyed!
What’s in your bag:
- Fragrant Cajun-spiced rice with tomatoes + bell peppers
- Your proteins (jumbo shrimp, Andouille sausage + chicken thigh)
- Jambalaya jus
- Braised greens with pearl onions + bacon
What you’ll need from home:
- 2 saute pans
- Microwave safe bowl
- Damp paper towel
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- We’re going the microwave route for the rice to keep it moist! Transfer your rice to a microwave safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot and steamy.
- Warm a saute pan over medium heat. Add your proteins and the Jambalaya jus and heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until nice and hot.
- Add your hot rice and give it a quick stir!
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Add a splash of water if it’s looking a little tight!
The Braised Greens
- Add your greens to a saute pan over medium-low heat and saute for 5-7 minutes or until warmed to your liking!
To plate it all up, scoop a big spoonful (or two or three) into your serving bowl or plate. Arrange your braised greens to one side, and dig on in!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.