Chef Matt: Let’s cook up some jerk chicken.
Our menu team: What did you just call us?!
That’s pretty much how the convo went, we swear. LOL just joshin’ ya, no one was called a jerk (and no feelings were hurt) in the making of this jerk chicken. And no, this chicken isn’t mean. It’s just seasoned with delicious jerk seasoning (featuring allspice, cloves, cumin, paprika, and a little zing from jalapeños!) Jerk refers to the style of seasoning and cooking that originated in Jamaica, influenced by African cooking techniques and the Caribbean’s Indegenious Taíno population. While traditional jerk cooking involves smoking, your delish chicken was roasted after marinating in jerk seasoning. Tonight you’ll just need to toss your chicken in the oven and it’s good to go! Hope you enjoy it 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Jerk-marinated spatchcock chicken
- Mango + pineapple chutney
- Coconut simmered red beans + rice
- Braised collards + Swiss chard
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Sauté pan
- Microwaveable dish
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- When your oven is nice and hot, place your chicken on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray. Pop in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
The Coconut Simmered Red Beans + Rice
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice + beans into a microwaveable dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
The Braised Collards + Swiss Chard
- Over medium heat, saute your collards + Swiss chard for 3-4 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
Grab a plate! Place your chicken on there and spoon on a dollop of chutney on top. Rice + beans, plus the greens (did that rhyme??) can go next to the chicken 🙂 Enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO