Biryani is a South Asian & Iranian dish generally composed of layered & spiced basmati rice and meat (like lamb, chicken or goat!). Ours is a spin on the traditional: We whipped up a yogurt marinade for the lamb and roasted it overnight, so that all you gotta do now is toss it in a saute pan with your rice to warm up! The raita offers a nice cooling effect after every bite, and we highly recommend dippin’ your naan in there too 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Yogurt & curry marinated lamb
- Basmati rice cooked in shorba (biryani gravy) with saffron, caramelized onion, mustard seed & coriander
- Sweet potato korma braised in coconut milk
- Cucumber & red onion raita
- Garlic naan
What you’ll need from home:
- Large saute pan
Total prep time: 8-10 minutes
The Lamb and Basmati Rice (this will become your biryani!)
- Place your saute pan over medium heat, and wait a minute or so for the pan to get nice and hot.
- Drizzle in some olive oil, swirl it around, then add your lamb and rice.
- Mix everything up, and heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot and a little crispy.
The Sweet Potato Korma
- Add the korma to your saucepan and pour in a small splash of water.
- Warm over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot & steamy.
The Garlic Naan
Toast it up! You can use the oven, air fryer, or toaster.
The Cucumber & Red Onion Raita
Cold is the way to go!
Grab a bowl and scoop in your biryani! Your korma can go right next to it. Use your raita as a dip or a drizzle – your call! We like to use the naan to scoop a little bit of everything up with each bite. Enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!