Any of y’all try our braised lamb rigatoni the other week? Insane, right? So freaking tasty! This dish is its twin, but with a very big difference… cavatelli, not rigatoni. We’ve even tried fettuccine, too, but we’re thinking cavatelli is the perfect pasta shape for us tonight. Some pasta shapes just hit different, yenno? You can either combine your pasta and sauce, or top your pasta with the sauce. You’ve got options, people! The black garlic in the ragu adds the perfect umami flavor, and the feta + mint keep it light and fresh. Perfect for sharing…or not sharing ;P
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s fresh cavatelli
- Braised lamb, black garlic, spinach + cherry tomato ragu
- Feta + mint
- Little Leaf greens with shaved summer veggies
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Balsamic fig focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Butter (optional)
- Sheet pan (optional)
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the cavatelli and stir. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, and carefully test a noodle for doneness.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
- Pour the ragu into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 7-8 minutes.
- Toss in a pat of butter to finish the sauce.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the cavatelli to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the greens + veggies into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Two options here. Either toss the cavatelli directly with the ragu, or spoon your cavatelli onto a plate and top with your ragu. Sprinkle on the feta + mint for the final touch! Salad goes on the side, and focaccia is for scooping up the leftover ragu 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO