As much as we like pie for dessert, the opportunity to have pie for dinner?? LOVE.
Representing for Team Savory Pie tonight is this comforting classic. The ground lamb filling cooked with red wine, tomatoes & herbs is straight hug-you-from-the-inside, *chef’s kiss* goodness. And no offense, crisp pastry shell, but creamy-dreamy mashed taters as a pie topper are the treat yourself decadence we all need in our lives right now.
Happy shepherd pie-ing party people!
What’s in your bag:
- Shepherd’s pie filling with ground lamb, peas, carrots & celery
- Potato mash topping
- Mixed greens & lemon vinaigrette
- Foil pan (to bake your shepherd’s pie in!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil and a sheet tray
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 5 minutes
Total heating time: 25-30 minutes
The Pie Filling & Potato Mash
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Pour your shepherd’s pie mixture into the base of your foil pan, and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Spoon the potato mash on top and spread evenly to cover the filling.
- Cover tin loosely with aluminum foil (aka tented over the top) and toss in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the aluminum foil, then back in the oven it goes for 5-10 more minutes.
- Take a peek, how’s it looking? Hot and steamy? Remove from the oven. If it needs more time, send it back in for 5 minutes.
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with S&P and drizzle on lemon vinaigrette.
- Toss, toss, toss!
Assembly for this is supa-dupa quick: Scoop out some shepherd’s pie into a shallow bowl. Salad goes on the side. CHOW TIME!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!