Pasta cake! Pasta cake? Pasta cake. Yeahhhhh. That’s what we’re chowin’ on tonight, peeps. Say goodbye to lasagna, and say hello to pasta cake. We’ll still call it lasagna but you (our very special pasta cake friends) will know what’s up. How can you not call it pasta cake, when it is by every definition, a cake made of pasta?! Layers of noodles (cake) with our homemade sugo, roasted garlic bechamel (frosting) and herbed breadcrumbs (sprinkles) makes for a superb savory pasta cake dinner. Which is super-suburb because life is uncertain… and you can now eat dessert first!
What’s in your bag:
- Your lasagna!
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil
- Olive oil or cooking spray
Total prep time: 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Remove the lid to your lasagna pan.
- Grease your aluminum foil with olive oil or cooking spray and cover your lasagna.
- Place your lasagna in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven, take off the foil, and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Is it all ooey-gooey? Give it 5-10 minutes more if need be. Enjoy! 🙂
Freezing your lasagna for later? No problem! Freeze in its container and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop it in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO