Our famous and well-loved Cara, Customer Joy Queen and all around food and travel aficionado, mentioned the other day she is a recent salmon enjoyer. She’s new to the salmon game! Should we all welcome her? Faroe Island salmon, to be exact. Sustainably + ethically sourced, high in omega 3’s, and just all around buttery and scrumptious. It’s the good stuff—Cara agrees. We’ve got some zing with the lemon + horseradish crust tonight and a nice variety of colors with the honey roasted rainbow carrots. Simple, elegant, and prepared with love for you. Let’s welcome Cara to the salmon party!
What’s in your bag:
- Crusted salmon
- Rice pilaf
- Rainbow carrots
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan, 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl (optional)
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Salmon + Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Put the salmon crust up on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray. Put the rainbow carrots on the other side.
- Pop the whole tray in the oven for 7-9 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through and the carrots are nice and roasty toasty.
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the pilaf and toss ‘til hot and a little crispy, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 3 minutes.
Plating time! Put the salmon on a plate and the pilaf and carrots on the side. Sprinkle the pistachios all over so you get a nice surprising bite every time you scoop up one of the other components. It’s just a kind of yummy, pistachio sneak attack type of night.
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO