Nice to see you, Fam! Happy Wednesday 🙂 It’s salmon night and we’re totally stoked for this so-fish-ticated yet simple dish (hehe, see what we did there…) The salmon itself is coated with a panko-based horseradish/dijon crust, paired with homemade rice pilaf, honey roasted rainbow carrots, and our favorite part of this dish, the savory sprinkles. Pistachios! These you’ll wanna sprinkle all over your plate after it’s all warmed up. Friendly reminder not to forget them, cause it’s an easy thing to do when you’ve got your eyes on the prize (salmon!) These nuts add a nice salty crunch to your meal, and we think they make all the difference. Chow time, Fam 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Crusted salmon (from Faroe Island!)
- Rice pilaf
- Rainbow carrots
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan, 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl (optional)
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Salmon + Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Put the salmon crust up on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray. Put the rainbow carrots on the other side.
- Pop the whole tray in the oven for 7-9 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through and the carrots are nice and roasty toasty.
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the pilaf and toss ‘til hot and a little crispy, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 3 minutes.
Plating time! Put the salmon on a plate and the pilaf and carrots on the side. Sprinkle the pistachios all over so you get a nice surprising bite every time you scoop up one of the other components. It’s just a kind of yummy, pistachio sneak attack type of night.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO