Think of this bright, boldly flavored noodle bowl as what would happen if you took the “roll” out of a classic Vietnamese summer roll. A summer roll fillings bowl, if you will. You’ve got your springy vermicelli noodles, a mix of crisp greens and aromatic fresh herbs, plus quick-pickled veggies to deliver the tang and crunch. To bring it all together there’s a duo of sauces (tangy nuoc cham and rich, savory peanut-hoisin) and your star protein of course: Shaved beef infused with lemongrass and ginger. We hope you enjoy every last bite of this bowl as much as the original roll 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Vietnamese lemongrass-marinated beef
- Rice vermicelli noodles
- Peanut-hoisin sauce
- Nuoc cham
- Quick-pickled vegetables
- Herbs & lettuce
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick skillet
- Knife or kitchen shears
- Cutting board
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Lemongrass-Marinated Beef
- Heat your oven to 350F.
- Arrange the beef in a single layer on your foil-lined sheet tray and pop it in the oven for 5-7 minutes. You want the beef to be *just barely* warm, so that it’s not too hot for your herbs and lettuce!
The Vermicelli, Herbs & Lettuce, Pickles, and Sauces
- Give your herbs and lettuce a quick rinse and then blot dry with a paper towel.
- Separate the herbs from their stems, stack up the leaves and give them a rough chop.
- Next, chop your lettuce into bite-sized pieces!
- In a mixing bowl, combine your herbs & lettuce and vermicelli noodles. Pro tip: Use a knife or kitchen shears to cut the noodles into shorter, more manageable strands. Mix the two together to evenly incorporate.
- Add in your pickled veggies and pour that nuoc cham allllll over. Give it a toss and transfer to your serving plate!
- Top with your warmed shaved steak!
- To finish, dollop some of your crunchy hoisin-peanut sauce on top. Dig in and enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!