So the first step here today, folks, is learning how to pronounce this dish’s name. It may seem simple, but contrary to popular belief, the “r” in lobster should not be pronounced. Here’s how you say it: “lob-stah roll”. One more time: “LOB-stahhhh roll”. Perfect. Now you’re a true Bostonian and the part-ay can commence. So the two components of a lobstah roll are the lobstah salad, and the bun (duh). Since there are only two components to this lobstah roll, you could imagine both are pretty important. Our lobstah salad is zingy from yuzu juice, and has layers of umami flavors from kewpie mayo. The bun: New England style, soft like a pillow, the perfect home for your lobstah salad (before you devour it all!) Every festive summer dinner needs a little bit of corn and tomatoes, and a fresh green salad (with Applefield Farm greens from Stowe, MA!) Truffle chips? Self explanatory.
What’s in your bag:
- Yuzu + chive aioli
- New England style bun
- Summer corn, mozzarella + heirloom cherry tomato salad
- Scallion salsa verde
- Applefield Farm greens + lemon vinaigrette
- Bag of truffle potato chips
What you’ll need from home:
- Mixing bowl
- Saute pan
- An aluminum foil lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 5-10 minutes
The Lobster and Yuzu + Chive Aioli
- You guessed it, you smart cookie! Best served cold, mix the lobster and yuzu + chive aioli in a mixing bowl. Go light on the aioli at first, and add more as needed!
The New England Style Bun
- Before toasting your bun, give it a half slice down the middle, making sure not to slice it all the way.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a saute pan and heat over medium heat.
- When the butter has just started to bubble, add your bun on its side and toast until golden brown.
- Flip your bun and repeat on the other side. When all roasty toasty, remove from heat and pop it on your plate.
The Summer Corn Salad + Scallion Salsa Verde
- Best served cold! Grab your plate and spoon some of the corn salad on there.
- Lightly spoon the salsa verde over the salad. Add more as needed!
The Applefield Farm Greens + Lemon Vinaigrette
- Throw your Applefield Farm greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette all over and toss it up!
Time to assemble your lobstah roll! Gently open your bun, not too wide, and spoon your lobstah salad in there. Place some salad on your plate, with your corn salad and rip open your bag o’ chips! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO