These crisp seafood cakes may be extra “crabby,” but trust, they’ll bring nothing but a lotta joy and “MMMMs” to your table. We’re servin’ them up with a crunchy cabbage-corn slaw and thick steak fries, but the real supporting character of this dinner show is the Old Bay aioli. This cult favorite seasoning is the Robin to crab’s Batman. Enthusiasts will say you can put Old Bay on basically anything (seriously- popcorn, chips, ice cream, you name it!) but we love the sweet-savory-peppery notes it adds to this creamy condiment.
What’s in your bag:
- Panko-crusted + seared lump crab cakes
- Red cabbage + corn slaw with shaved fennel + radishes
- Mustard dressing
- Steak fries
- Old Bay aioli
- Lemon wedge
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Lump Crab Cakes + Steak Fries
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Lay your fries on one side of the lined sheet tray and warm for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the sheet tray from the oven, add on your crabby cakes, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Alternatively, if you prefer a crispier result, you can toss these in the air fryer at 400F for 6-8 minutes.
The Slaw + Mustard Dressing
- Mix the slaw and the mustard dressing in a bowl. No need to overdo the dressing, start light.
- Season with S+P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
Time to serve! Put a crab cake on the plate and give the lemon wedge a good squeeze over the top. Place some fries and a scoop of slaw next to it on the side. Dollop that aioli on the cake and you’re good to go!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO