OK, first things first, let’s align on what you’ve got for dinner here. Contrary to popular belief (and despite grade school English logic), this is a “lob-stah roll.” That’s right, the “r” in lobster should not be pronounced. One more time: “LOB-stahhhh roll.” Perfect. Now you’re a true New Englander and the part-ay can commence.
This crustacean celebration is our take on a “Maine-style” roll, aka when the lobster is served cold and dressed in mayo. But obvi we couldn’t just send you a plain mayo-type situation for tonight’s dinner. Nah, kehd. Instead, we’ve set you up with this luscious, herby tarragon aioli studded with diced celery for that just-right bit of crunch. Swooooon.
What’s in your bag:
- Lobster knuckle & claw meat
- New England-style brioche bun; Celery & tarragon aioli; Honey mustard dressing
- Roasted & smashed creamer potatoes with Old Bay
- Red cabbage slaw
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan & butter (optional)
- Two mixing bowls
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Toss your taters onto a foil-lined sheet tray and heat for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
The New England-Style Bun
Option #1 (recommended):
- Melt a pat of butter in your saute over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add your bun on its side and toast until golden brown.
- Flip your bun and repeat on the other side!
Option #2 (if you’d rather not use the stove!):
- Pop your roll on the tray with your potatoes for the last few minutes until it’s nice and toasty!
The Lobster and Celery & Tarragon Aioli
- Add the lobster and aioli to your mixing bowl, and use a spoon or spatula to gently combine.
- Give it a taste and season with S&P to your liking! (Maybe a squeeze of lemon juice too?)
The Red Cabbage Slaw
- Mix the slaw and the honey mustard dressing in a bowl. No need to overdo the dressing, start light.
- Season with S&P. Mix, mix, mix, and mix some more.
Take your toasted bun and pile in your lobster. Spoon some smashed potatoes and slaw on the side, and dig in– no time to waste!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!