Back and better than ever, revisiting us from the past with a new spin, ready to WOW you with its wonderful vibrant flavors…marinated swordfish. We marinated the swordfish in fennel, coriander, aleppo, fenugreek, cumin, paprika, herbs, and garlic (duh) for a really long time. Overnight, to be exact, for extra assurance of flavor infusion. Make each bite a different combination of swordfish, couscous, salad, and hummus. The hummus as we’re sure you know can go on absolutely everything—and we mean everything. It has lime leaves in it for a unique tang and a little lemon as well. Seasoned with salt and peppa. It’s really quite simple, when it comes down to it. As Chef Matt explained to the team when prepping, “just make some hummus. I love you.” So on that note, just eat some hummus. We love you.
What’s in your bag:
- Swordfish, eggplant & peppers!
- Toasted pearled couscous
- Cucumber + cherry tomato salad
- Tahini vinaigrette
- Chickpea and fava bean hummus
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan, 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl (optional)
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Pop your swordfish onto your lined sheet tray and heat for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
The Eggplant & Peppers
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in your casserole dish.
- Pop your eggplant and peppers into the casserole dish and place in the 425F oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove carefully when done.
- Get a saute pan hot with a tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Pop in the couscous and toss ‘til hot, just a few minutes.
The Cucumber + Cherry Tomato Salad
- Toss your salad into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with tahini vinaigrette and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper if you’d like!
- Toss, toss, toss!
Alright, here we go! Grab a plate and plop a dollop of hummus on there. Spread it out with the back of a spoon in one swift motion. Pile some couscous on the side, followed by the salad. Swordfish goes on there in the center. Dig in!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO