Tasty spherical greatness rolling your way today! Or, maybe it will be you rolling later… rolling yourself to the couch because you’ll be so darn full from this magical meatball mania… Any WECO meatball lover is familiar with our meatballs and polenta dish, and maybe you’ve even tried our tasty turkey meatball light, bright + dynamite dish, but tonight you’re experiencing the first ever WECO meatball sub. We couldn’t be more excited! These baguettes are the perfect crunch-ewy (yes, that’s a thing, crunchy and chewy) texture in contrast with your soft meatballs, cheesy provolone and vibrant basil + arugula pesto. Who doesn’t love a good sandwich for dinner? We love finger foods! No forks needed 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Your meatballs!
- 2 baguettes
- Basil + arugula pesto
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sheet tray
- Bread knife and cutting board
Total prep time: 25 minutes
The Meatballs + Baguettes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange the meatballs in your casserole dish, pouring any leftover sugo in there as well.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While your meatballs are in the oven, cut each of your baguette in half, and then slice each piece in half lengthwise to create 4 sandwiches.
- Place your baguette slices on your sheet tray.
- When the timer dings for the meatballs after 20 minutes, place your baguette in the oven with the meatballs. Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the meatballs and baguette carefully from the oven.
- Grab 2 halves of baguette. Place a few meatballs on one half. Maybe 2, maybe 3, however many your heart desires (or can fit on your baguette!)
- Take a slice of provolone and rip it in half, and arrange evenly on your meatballs. Drizzle a little pesto all over, and place the other baguette half on top!
- Chow time 🙂
Freezing your meatballs for later? No problem! Toss your meatballs in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO