YUSSSSS. That’s the noise we made when Chef Matt told us these lookers (the meatballs) were back on the menu this week. Like, dream come true? Maybe Chef Matt is more like a Fairy Godfather who grants all our wishes, which would make sense because we honestly don’t know how he hit the nail on the head with this one. Did he know this polenta was in our dreams last night? Cause a three cheese blend homemade polenta doesn’t just magically appear in front of you. Or…maybe it does, cause, it kinda just did. The tomato sauce we kept simple, with San Marzanos, garlic, and basil. The green beans, with they’re hint of lemon and salty snap of capers, add the perfect touch of acidity to this warm and filling meal. Time to dig into this dream come true, yes please!
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato sugo
- Truffle polenta
- Green beans
What you’ll need from home:
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 small saucepan
- Salt + pepper
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Meatballs & Sugo
- Pop your meatballs onto the tray and heat for 5-7 minutes at 400F.
- Meanwhile, pour your sauce into your medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- When the meatballs are ready, nestle them into your simmering sauce.
- Heat over medium heat for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grab a small saute pan. For every portion of polenta you ordered, add a couple tbsp water, and if you’d like, 1 pat of butter (so if you got 2, it would be 3 tbsp and 2 pats of butter. Ya know, math!) Bring it all to a simmer.
- Once you’ve got a good simmer, add the polenta. Break it up with the back of a spoon, and stir until nice and smooth. Slowly add water as needed until the polenta reaches your desired, creamy consistency.
- Let your polenta get nice and hot, (don’t stop stirring!) then taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
The Green Beans
- Set your oven to high broil. On the same aluminum foil-lined sheet tray you used for the meatballs, broil the green beans for 1-2 minutes just until warm.
Plate by spooning the polenta onto the center of your plate, placing the meatballs on top with your sugo, and the green beans alongside.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO