What isn’t cool about tamarind? It’s a leguminous hardwood tree bearing tropical fruit. That fruit is in the shape of a bean pod (think snap pea meets peanut shell). AND, that bean pod contains a sour pulp that sweetens as it ripens.
It’s fabulous in this recipe, and adds a tangy flavor that contrasts well with salty, umami-packed miso! Yup, the marinade for this chicken is a match made in opposites-attract heaven. Paired with veggies galore and a bomb-bomb tahini yogurt sauce, we think you’ll have no trouble making the whole plate disappear in no time 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Miso + tamarind-glazed statler chicken breast
- Sweet potatoes with honey + lime leaf
- Roasted mini peppers, red onion, eggplant + zucchini with tamarind herb-sauce
- Tamarind-herb sauce
- Tahini yogurt sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Chicken + Veggies:
- Set the oven to 375F.
- Place your chicken (skin side up!) next to all of your glorious veggies on your foil-lined sheet tray.
- Drizzle some of that tamarind-herb sauce over your roasted veggies and stir it all around to coat. (You can also pour some of this sauce on your chicken and sweet potatoes– your call! Personally, we can’t get enough of the stuff.)
- Pop your tray in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until everything is warmed to your liking.
Grab your plate! It’s time to toss that chicken on there, and surround it with your veggies. Any remaining tamarind-herb sauce and your tahini yogurt can be drizzled on whatever you’d like— though we think it goes VERY well on, well, everything!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!