Oh Moroccan chicken tagine, where have you beeeeeeeeen?! We’ve been missing this North African spiced meat n’ veggie stew since it was last on the menu. While we don’t have the namesake shallow and conical-lidded cooking vessels to prepare this din in, we DID work our magic to ensure your braised chicken turned out as tender and moist as if it had been.
Your golden raisin and cilantro-studded couscous is the perfect fluffy vessel for soaking up all that tasty spiced braising liquid. And don’t sleep on the preserved lemon, almond & olive relish– it brings alllll the good tangy-crunchy-briny vibes.
What’s in your bag:
- Braised bone-in chicken thighs & drumsticks with chickpeas, parsnips, rainbow carrots and apricots
- Braising liquid
- Couscous with golden raisins & cilantro
- Preserved lemon, almond & olive relish
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven-safe skillet
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Pat of butter (optional)
Total prep time: 20-25 minutes
The Chicken Tagine
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Arrange the chicken and veggies in an even layer in your oven-safe skillet , then pour the braising liquid all over.
- Pop your skillet in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, carefully remove and transfer to the stove top.
- Set over medium-high heat, and add in a little pat of butter (if you want! It helps get the sauce nice and silky).
- Let the chicken, veggies and braising liquid simmer until some of the liquid reduces, thickening slightly and starting to coat the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- When your chicken is almost ready, spoon your couscous into a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with a damp paper towel.
- Pop it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes ‘til it’s piping hot and steamy.
To plate, shallow bowls works best! Start with a heaping scoop of couscous, then chicken and veggies go on top. Finish with a spoonful or two of braising liquid and garnish with your relish!
Freezing for later? No prob! Toss your tin and braising liquid in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!