Meatballs here, get your meatballs! Thanks to Walden Local Meat Co. for the grass fed deliciousness! Coat your meatballs in the incredible tomato sauce, and don’t forget the labneh (yogurt based sauce with cucumber and mint) which goes well on the meatballs AND grains. It’s a nice, cool, contrast to the warmth of the meatballs, fresh from the oven. Speaking of, turn that oven on and get to preheating, there’s no time to waste! Your meatballs are calling!
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato sauce
- Poached farro + barley
- Mixed greens salad
- Pomegranate vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in an oven safe casserole dish. Make sure to use one with high sides so the sauce doesn’t stray!
- Pop your pan in the oven and set a timer for 12-15 minutes.
- When it dings, check to be sure the meatballs are heated through. If not, give them a couple more minutes.
- Grab a mixing bowl and add the mixed greens.
- Add S+P to taste.
- Smother it with the pomegranate vinaigrette and toss, toss, toss!
The Farro + Barley
- Nothing! Cold is the way to go. If you prefer warm, the microwave works, or a saute pan with a little oil.
Ladle the meatballs onto your plate alongside the cold farro and tossed salad. Dollop the labneh on top and you’re all set!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO