Beefy grass-fed greatness rolling your way today! Or, maybe it will be you rolling later…rolling yourself to the couch because you’ll be so darn full from this magical meatball mania. Coat your meatballs in the incredible tomato sauce, but be warned it’s not your typical tomato sauce. Ras el hanout is the spice blend we use to flavor, which is a Moroccan blend usually including cumin, coriander, turmeric, clove, nutmeg, and loads more. Don’t forget to top with the labneh (yogurt-based sauce with cucumber and mint) which goes well on the meatballs AND grains. It’s a nice, cool, contrast to the warmth of the meatballs, fresh from the oven. Speaking of, turn that oven on and get to preheating, there’s no time to waste! Your meatballs are calling!
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato sauce
- Poached farro + barley
- Mixed greens salad
- Pomegranate vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Mixing bowl
- Saute pan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in an oven safe casserole dish. Make sure to use one with high sides so the sauce doesn’t stray!
- Pop your pan in the oven and set a timer for 12-15 minutes.
- When it dings, check to be sure the meatballs are heated through. If not, give them a couple more minutes.
- Grab a mixing bowl and add the mixed greens.
- Add S+P to taste.
- Smother it with the pomegranate vinaigrette and toss, toss, toss!
The Farro + Barley
- Warm a saute pan over medium heat with a pat of butter if ya feel like it. Toss in your farro, add a splash of water, and heat for 5-7 minutes.
Ladle the meatballs onto your plate alongside the farro and tossed salad. Dollop the labneh on top and you’re all set!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO