NYAM. Not Your Average Meatballs: we’ll tell ya why. First of all, grass fed beef. Walden Local Meat Co. grass fed beef, specifically. It’s essential. It’s said to be more nutritious and beneficial for the planet as a whole. Secondly, these meatballs pack a flavor punch. We ditched the traditional Italian flavors you might be familiar with and tossed in lemon + orange zest, harissa, ras el hanout (a Moroccan spice blend usually including cumin, coriander, turmeric, clove and nutmeg) coconut milk, and breadcrumbs. The result, when covered in the zesty herby tomato sauce, is, let’s just say, heavenly. Set your meatballs over your farro + barley, and for the love of garlic don’t forget the creamy dreamy labneh!
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato sauce
- Poached farro + barley
- Mixed greens salad
- Pomegranate vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Mixing bowl
- Saute pan
Total prep time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in an oven safe casserole dish. Make sure to use one with high sides so the sauce doesn’t stray!
- Pop your pan in the oven and set a timer for 18-20 minutes.
- When it dings, check to be sure the meatballs are heated through. If not, give them a couple more minutes.
- Grab a mixing bowl and add the mixed greens.
- Add S+P to taste.
- Smother it with the pomegranate vinaigrette and toss, toss, toss!
The Farro + Barley
- Warm a saute pan over medium heat with a pat of butter if ya feel like it. Toss in your farro, add a splash of water, and stir and heat for 5-7 minutes.
Ladle the meatballs onto your plate alongside the farro and tossed salad. Dollop the labneh on top and you’re all set!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO