Happy Tuesday, and thanks for ordering! What a great choice you’ve made – our latest meatball! And we have to say, we do love a meatball.
These are made with local grass-fed beef from Walden Local Meat and come pre-simmered in a fresh tomato sauce. You’ll put another little sizzle under it before you eat – we love a little sizzle just as much as we love a meatball. Labneh is a creamy yogurt sauce, and we’ve upped the ante by making this batch with cucumber + mint, a refreshing contrast to the zesty meatballs. Word to the wise – try to get some labneh in every bite! Speaking of bites, preheat that oven and get started! Your meatballs are waiting 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Tomato sauce
- Poached farro + barley
- Roasted asparagus
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Tin foil lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Meatballs + Asparagus
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in an oven safe casserole dish. Make sure to use one with high sides so the sauce doesn’t stray!
- Set a timer for 6 minutes. While you wait, put the asparagus on a tin foil lined sheet tray.
- When the timer dings, stir the meatballs up a bit. Put the green beans in the oven. Set the timer for another 6 minutes.
- When the timer dings the second time, pull out the asparagus and check to make sure your meatballs are hot enough. If not, give them a few minutes more.
- Eat it cold! We love mixing temperatures on a plate – the farro will be a great chilly complement to the warm meatballs.
Ladle the meatballs into bowls alongside the farro and asparagus. Dollop the labneh on top and you’re all set!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO