If you’ve tried your hand at making risotto before, then you know how much of a labor of love it is. Stirring constantly to develop the starchy, creamy consistency from the rice is an art form. And wowza, does your arm get tired in the process!
Well, well, well, we are overjoyed to share that this WECO version should be quite a bit easier! We’ve prepped the rice for you so that you won’t be standing at your stove for ages tonight. We know you’re busy and have lots to do (like sitting your butt on the couch and watching whatever is new and trending on Netflix!) What’s better than a nice big bowl of fancy, cheesy rice? Let’s think…. Hmmmmm…. nothing!
What’s in your bag:
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Mushroom puree + quark cheese sauce
- Mushrooms + asparagus
- Truffle Parm crumble
- Little Leaf greens + shaved veggies
- Lemon vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Small saucepan
- Large spoon
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Rice, Veggies, Sauce + Stock
- Pour all of your rice and half of your vegetable stock into your saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Add all of your mushroom + quark sauce into the pan with your rice mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Once everything is getting along nicely, scoop in your mushrooms + asparagus and stir.
- How’s everything looking? A little thick? No prob. Spoon a couple… spoonfuls of your leftover stock into the risotto and stir, stir, stir!
- Repeat step 3 with as much of your leftover stock as you want until your risotto is at the desired texture. It should be thick, but still spread a bit when you spoon it into your bowl.
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with S+P.
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
We think a shallow bowl works best for serving. Top your risotto with a sprinkling of your truffle Parm crumble. Serve the salad on the side, and turn on your show! Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!