If there’s one thing we know for sure, of all the many things there are to know in this very big world, it’s that mushrooms (oyster + shimeji) and fresh lo mein noodles are a match made in heaven. That plus our sesame vinaigrette, the most ~heavenly~ combination of tamari, sesame oil and a lil-bitta-brown-suga. We might know a few other things too, but we’ll leave it at that… fact check us after your first bite. ;P
Total prep time: 2-4 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- A killer bowl!
- Sesame vinaigrette
- Duck confit (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- A fork and an appetite!
- Saute pan
How to prep:
- Remove the ramekin of vinaigrette.
- Heat your saute pan on low-medium heat.
- Toss your bowl in there, minus the vinaigrette.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent stickage.
- Drizzle in that vinaigrette. Saute for a few minutes longer, and then remove from heat and place on a plate/bowl.
- Shove ginormous forkfuls of it into your mouth and never apologize for it.
With Duck Confit
(If you requested it)
- Break out your saute pan and drizzle a very small amount of olive oil on there. Heat on medium and toss your duck on there. Let it crisp up for 3-5 minutes.
- Give it a stir around every so often to make sure it gets crispy all over.
- Is it looking a little fatty? Carefully drain excess fat by tipping it into a glass bowl where it can cool down.
- Toss your lo mein bowl contents into the saute pan with the duck, and distribute the duck amidst the noodles.
- Heat on low-medium heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- That’s all you need to do! Toss it in your bowl and enjoy the magic of duck confit 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO