Y’all know we love our mushrooms so we’ll spare you our spiel. These stuffed peppers are packed with loads o’ chickpeas, Swiss chard and oyster mushrooms from our homies at Fat Moon Farm (a MA based mushroom farm!) As Fat Moon explains, “mushrooms need less water, energy, and growing materials than any other crop”. This means they’re a pretty amazing option in terms of sustainability for our lovely planet Earth (we said we’d spare you the mushroom spiel but technically that was part of Fat Moon’s mushroom spiel and we just really love mushrooms so we didn’t lie there!) Hope you love your shroomy peppers, people 🙂
Total prep time: 7 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Stuffed pepper
- Saffron honey
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
The Peppers + Quinoa:
Oven or microwave, you pick!
- Remove the ramekin of saffron honey and place to the side.
- Remove the peppers from the box, leaving the kale behind, and place peppers on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray.
- Toss the peppers in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. You might need 5 minutes more, just give it a peek and assess. If they look all steamy and hot, they’re good to go!
Assembly time! Spoon the kale onto your plate and place your peppers on top. Drizzle the saffron honey over the pepper, snap a pic, and dig in!
- If you’re going the microwave route, pop the peppers in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Toss the pepper back on top of the kale, drizzle the saffron honey all over, snap a pic, and dig in!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO