Hiya, you cool cats! Thanks for joining us for this brisket dinna! Reheating your brisket tonight is hella simple, absolutely no riskin’ it for the brisket. (Ugh, we’re so corny… on the cob…) The only thing you’ve gotta do is POP your brisket on a sheet tray, and then POP your sheet tray in the oven! Oh, and maybe a little mixy mixy of the salad greens. Your skordalia can be enjoyed warm or room temp! Then you can absolutely POP off and chow down. Here’s a pro tip before you begin: the garlic herb butter can go on your corn, but it can also go on your skordalia (a fancy name for Greek-garlicky-mashed-potato-like-dip) or just about anything your heart desires. Butter it up 🙂
What’s in your bag:
-Pastrami spiced wagyu brisket
-Herb, olive oil + garlic potato skordalia
-Roasted corn on the cob, unshucked (from Applefield Farm!)
-Garlic herb butter
-Little Leaf lettuces + radishes
What you’ll need from home:
-Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
-Salt and peppaaaa
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Garlic Herb Butter
- Remove this from the fridge and let it sit out while you heat your dinner so it gets all soft and spreadable 🙂
The Brisket + Corn on the Cob
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly (lightly!) drizzle olive oil on your aluminum foil lined sheet tray to prevent sticking.
- Grab your corn on the cob and gently remove the husk.
- Arrange your brisket and corn on the cob on your aluminum foil lined sheet tray.
- Pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven carefully.
We suggest eating it one of two ways:
- Room temperature! Let it hang out on the counter as you prepare the rest of your meal, then spoon it onto your plate when it’s time to eat!
- If ya want it warm, scoop your skordalia into a small saucepan and warm it over medium heat until warmed through. It might loosen up a bit as it heats up — that’s normal!
The Little Leaf Lettuces + Radishes
- Throw the greens + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the mustard vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss! Season with s + p as you like.
We love some brisket, skordalia and salad on a plate with the corn on the cob on the side (that corn deserves its OWN goshdarn plate!) Slather your garlic herb butter on your corn and enjoy 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO