Deano’s came in real clutch with the fresh pasta for tonight, Fam—and fresh pasta is the best kind! They’ve been making noodles, raviolis, and sauces since 1947, soooo you could say they’ve perfected the art. 100% semolina dough made in Somerville, MA, paired with a variety of greens (pea shoots, snap peas, snow peas, english peas, and more…who knew there were so many kinds of peas!) Since it’s March and spring is around the corner, we thought, hey, why not, let’s add some mean, green, herby, walnut pesto too! You could even save a schmear for your focaccia too, what a pairing! Get that pot of water on the stove, cause it’s pasta night 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Peas, beans, & caramelized onions
- Feta w/ basil & mint
- Walnut & arugula pesto
- Mixed greens salad
- Herb-honey vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot for boilin’
- A skillet for warmin’
- Mixing bowl
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Cavatelli + Veggies
- Put on a pot of salted water to boil.
- While that’s going, heat the peas, beans & onions in your skillet with a tablespoon of oil over low heat. No need to get any color on these guys—we’re just warming through!
- Once the water is boiling, drop in the cavatelli and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to taste for doneness!
- Reserve about 1/3 cup of pasta water for creating the sauce, and strain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the veggies with the pasta water and half of the pesto, and toss over low heat – most of the pasta water should be absorbed by the pasta.
- Throw the mixed greens into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle in the herb-honey vinaigrette. Season with S+P
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Put the focach in a 375 degree oven or toaster until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
To serve, spoon the pasta/greens into your favorite low, flat bowl. Top with a dollop of your remaining pesto and sprinkle in your feta! Salad goes on the side, garlic bread wherever you want—we’d suggest on the side of the pasta bowl for scooping ease. Enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO