This pesto isn’t your mother’s pesto— no pine nuts, but yes to walnuts. And we didn’t just stick with basil. We’ve got all the tasty greens in there, like parsley, chives, and arugula to give it a little extra complexity and fun. More friends, more fun, right? Can’t forget about the plant-based protein power, which comes from the snow peas, snap peas, green beans, fava beans, english peas, AND pea shoots. Peas and beans are the bees knees and we clearly couldn’t get enough. Feta, because cheese makes everything better. Enjoy your mean green meal 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Peas, beans, and leaves
- Walnut & arugula pesto
- Mixed greens salad
- Herb-honey vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot for boilin’
- A skillet for warmin’
- Mixing bowl
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Orecchiette + Veggies
- Put on a pot of salted water to boil.
- While that’s going, heat the veggies in your skillet with a tablespoon of oil over low heat. No need to get any color on these guys—we’re just warming through!
- Once the water is boiling, drop in the orecchiette and let them cook for 1-2 minutes – you’re only reheating.
- Reserve about 1/3 cup of pasta water for creating the sauce, and strain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the greens with the pasta water and toss over low heat – water should be incorporated/absorbed by the pasta.
- Throw the mixed greens into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle in the herb honey vinaigrette. Season with S+P
- Toss toss toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Easiest of them all! Put the garlic bread in a 375 degree oven or toaster until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
To serve, spoon the pasta/greens into your favorite low, flat bowl. Top with a dollop of pesto and sprinkle in your feta! Salad goes on the side, garlic bread wherever you want—we’d suggest on the side of the pasta bowl for scooping ease. Enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO