13 different spices and herbs, 3-4 hours of braising, but just one fork needed for chowing. You won’t even need a knife, that’s how tender your pot roast is gonna be. After braising the beef in the oven, we let it soak in the braise overnight so all those spices and herbs got a little extra time to party in there. Some of you will place your pot roast over the taters and enjoy, but some of you hooligans will mix it all together like the crazy people you are, and we LOVE that. Serve it how you like, we’re just stoked we get to share this bomb beef with you. Baby carrots are for the big kids, (everyone) if you’re catchin’ our drift.
What’s in your bag:
-Red mashed potatoes
-Baby carrots w/ fried shallots
-Red wine + dijon gravy
What you’ll need from home:
-A saucepan with a lid
-Oil or butter
-A casserole dish
-Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
-Salt n’ peppa
-A microwave safe bowl
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes8*
The Pot Roast + Gravy
- Place your pot roast in a small saucepan and pour in your braising liquid. Heat on low-medium heat for 5-6 minutes with the lid on.
- After 5-6 minutes, remove the lid and flip the pot roast.
- Cover with the lid and heat for 5-6 more minutes.
- During those final 5 minutes, heat your gravy in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 mins, stirring halfway through.
The Mashed Potatoes
- Add a light coat of oil or butter to your casserole dish.
- Spoon potatoes in, and place in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through.
The Baby Carrots
- Place the baby carrots on your sheet tray and put the tray in the oven at 350F for 7-10 minutes.
Time for assembly! Take your chunk of pot roast out of its pot, leaving the braising liquid behind. How you portion it is completely up to you! Slice it, shred it, chunk it up; just make sure you don’t leave any behind on your cutting board. That’s a class A misdemeator.
Those taters go in the center of your plate. Pot roast goes on top of that, and spoon your remaining gravy over the two. Green beans go on the side, but hey, why don’t you ladle gravy all over those too?
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO