Friday night deserves some comfort and that’s just what this meal is alllll about. Stick to your ribs, fill you up, keep you warm pot roast for our people. We went the red potato mash route because we’re tired of a classic mash. Red potatoes deserve a little more love in life, don’t ya think? Russet and sweet potaters get all the attention these days. Parsley, chives, rosemary, and thyme were tossed in the mash for some herby green. Green beans round out the bunch because green beans and potatoes make sense together. They just do, ok?!
What’s in your bag:
- -Pot roast
- -Red mashed potatoes
- -Blistered green beans w/ fried shallots
- -Red wine + dijon gravy
What you’ll need from home:
- -A saucepan with a lid
- -Oil or butter
- -A casserole dish
- -Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- -Salt n’ peppa
- -A little H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
The Pot Roast + Gravy
- Place your pot roast in a small saucepan and pour in your gravy. Heat on low-medium heat for 5-6 minutes with the lid on.
- After 5-6 minutes, remove the lid and flip the pot roast.
- Cover with the lid and heat for 5-6 more minutes.
The Mashed Potatoes
- Add a light coat of oil or butter to your casserole dish.
- Spoon potatoes in, and place in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through.
The Green Beans
- Place the green beans on your sheet tray and put the tray in the oven at 350F for 7-10 minutes.
Those taters go in the center of yo plate. Pot roast goes on top of that, and spoon your remaining gravy over the two. Green beans go on the side, but eff it, why don’t you ladle gravy all over those too?
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO