Picture this: you’re running home from work. Literally, sprinting. The day has been long—so long. You’re feeling exhausted, famished, confused, and slightly sweaty. Not to worry, WECO is waiting for you! Soft, plump, pillows of potato-y goodness are about to be chillin’ in a creamy, lemony, capery sauce, all in about 15 minutes. It’s a safe-haven in a bowl, with garlic bread for dippin’ and salad for snackin’ on while the water boils. Yes, that’s right, you don’t actually have to wait for dinner to eat your salad. Ravenously hungry while the gnocchi take a bath? Appetizer salad! Completely forget about it because you’re focused on the gnochs? Dessert salad! 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Potato gnocchi
- Caper & garlic cream sauce + peas
- Chef Theo’s garlic bread
- Zucchini, tomato + arugula salad
- Lemon tarragon dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Gnocchi Piccata
- Get a big pot of water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water). Bring it to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab a saucepan and add a pat of butter. Pop it over medium heat ‘til the butter bubbles.
- Carefully spoon the sauce into the pan. Let it warm.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they float—test them for doneness—but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of the water and strain the gnocchi.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the cream sauce. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water—it helps bind the sauce perfectly to the gnocchi 🙂
- Cook over low heat for a couple minutes until the sauce clings to the gnocchi, and season with S&P as needed!
- Flip your salad into a large bowl to reveal the goodies underneath!
- Drizzle with lemon-tarragon dressing and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss, toss, toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Toast it up in the oven or toaster oven.
Scoop the gnocchi piccata into an even layer in a shallow bowl. Put the salad in a side dish, grab your sauce scoop (AKA garlic bread), and you’re in business! Bada-bing, bada-boom!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO