Happy Tuesday WECO Fam! Gnocchi piccata is here to solve all your Tuesday problems. We started our sauce with a little roux (flour and butter) to create a base. Think: white wine, cream, and lemon. With our handy dandy immersion blender, we blended until smooth and added parmesan cheese. Peas, caramelized onions, and spinach are the final trio of additions— until you warm it up this evening and add a little water from the gnocchi pot to adjust to the perfect consistency! The starchy water will help the sauce cling to the gnocchis. Your final touch on this dish is all you need before chow time! 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Potato gnocchi
- Caper & garlic cream sauce + peas
- Chef Theo’s garlic bread
- Zucchini, tomato + arugula salad
- Lemon tarragon dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Gnocchi Piccata
- Get a big pot of water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water). Bring it to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab a saucepan and add a pat of butter. Pop it over medium heat ‘til the butter bubbles.
- Carefully spoon the sauce into the pan. Let it warm.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for two minutes – test them for doneness – but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of the water and strain the gnocchi.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the cream sauce. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water—it helps bind the sauce perfectly to the gnocchi 🙂
- Cook over low heat for a couple minutes until the sauce clings to the gnocchi.
- Season with S&P as needed!
- Add the veggies to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon-tarragon dressing and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss, toss, toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Toast it up in the oven or toaster oven.
Scoop the gnocchi piccata into an even layer in a shallow bowl. Put the salad in a side dish, grab your sauce scoop (AKA garlic bread), and you’re in business! Bada-bing, bada-boom!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO