There are few things in life we love more than carbs and cheese: Cheese + crackers, bagels + cream cheese, pizza, lasagna… the list goes on forever, you get it. (Absolutely no surprise here that lasagna’s on our mind #pastacake4life). The point is, your tasty eats are here, and in our humble opinion, it’s one of the BEST combinations of bread and cheese out there. Beer + cheese = magic, and then you pair it with warm soft pretzels? Say no more. SAY NO MORE! For your beer cheese tonight, Chef Matt picked a stout to incorporate because it adds a subtle roasty flavor. And not to worry, there’s no alcohol ‘cause it’s all cooked off. Just some wonderful flavors left behind, perfect for pretzel dippin’ it up! If you eat your beer cheese with a spoon, we would absolutely never judge you. We support it.
What’s in your bag:
- Your ooey gooey beer cheese-y
- Eastern Standard Provisions pretzels for dipping
- Salt (for your pretzels)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot! Ceramic or non-stick probably work best with the cheese level of this sauce
- An aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Beer Cheese
- Pour the beer cheese into your pot and place over medium-low heat.
- The name of the game here is to heat the beer cheese through without scorching or allowing separation, so stirring continuously is important. Keep it movin’!
- Once it’s hot and steamy, you’re good! Should take about 7-10 minutes.
- When warmed through, pour the deliciousness into a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pop your pretzels on your aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Okay, this step is gonna sound weird. If you want your pretzels salted, grab some water, dip your fingers in, and brush a little water on each pretzel. Not a lot! Just a little. This will help the salt stick. Sprinkle your salt on your pretzels. Woot!
- Heat in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed through.
No fancy plating here. This one is for getting down and dirty and dipping with FERVOR. FER. VOR.
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!