Don’t sleep on the secret sauce. That’s the name of the game tonight, folks. We’d tell ya what’s in it… except then it wouldn’t be a secret anymore! But we can let you in on a little tidbit: One of the secrets to our pulled pork? A teeeeny bit of ketchup. We know, crazy right? But it adds that sweet and tangy flavor and happens to be the perfect sticky consistency. Speaking of sticky, you’re gonna need some napkins. Because if secret sauce and BBQ aren’t drippin’ out of your sando and down your arms, you’re just not doing it right.
Jk, jk. There are no rules, you know we’re all about you doin’ you. Which is why you’ve got two options for your corn on the cob here. We’ve already par-cooked it for you, but whether you finish it by charring on the grill or roasting in the oven is your call! Happy utensils-free feasting!
What’s in your bag:
- Slow-cooked BBQ pulled pork
- Hawaiian roll
- Bourbon BBQ sauce, WECO secret sauce, bread + butter pickles
- Corn on the cob (unshucked!) + chili lime butter
- Creamy broccoli salad with bacon, cheddar, pecans + dried cranberries
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Pulled Pork + Hawaiian Roll
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Drizzle a little oil over one side of your foil-lined sheet tray.
- Toss the pork on there, and pour that BBQ sauce over the top. Make sure to give it a mix so it’s well incorporated!
- Place the sheet tray in the oven for 14-16 minutes, until the pork is nice and hot.
- Add your roll to the tray for the last five minutes to toast!
The Corn on the Cob
Option #1 (on the grill!):
- Before starting, your grill should be at medium-high heat, 375F-450F.
- Toss your corn right on the grill (leave the husk on!) and cook, turning occasionally, until the husk is very charred all over, 10-15 minutes total.
Option #2 (in the oven):
- Place your corn (with the husk!) on the sheet tray with your pulled pork and cook at 375F for 14-16 minutes.
The Broccoli Salad
- Best served cold!
Alright, it’s sando time! Spread some secret sauce on one half of your roll. Pickles go on next, and then the pork. Close that sando shut and spoon some broccoli salad on the plate! Shuck your corn, removing the husk and all of the silk. Enjoy slathered with chili-lime butter, and dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO
Show us how you WECO!