Don’t sleep on the secret sauce, that’s the name of the game tonight, folks. We’d tell ya what’s in it, however…then it wouldn’t be a secret anymore! But we can tell you one secret: The secret to our pulled pork is a small amount of ketchup. We know, crazy right? It adds that sweet and tangy flavor and happens to be the perfect sticky consistency. Speaking of sticky, you’re gonna need some napkins. If the secret sauce and pulled pork are overflowing out of your sando, that’s not a bad thing. Ambitious eats only.
This spread also makes a great pack-it-up-and-enjoy-outside meal. Prep your sandos, wrap ‘em up in tin foil, warm up your sweet potatoes and they can go back in their container, and cucumbers + tomatoes can stay cold. Or just crush it all at the dinner table in 5 minutes. That works too.
What’s in your bag:
- Cider braised pulled pork
- WECO secret sauce
- Brioche roll
- Mashed maple sweet potatoes
- Baby cucumbers, cherry tomatoes + feta
- Bread + butter pickles
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Olive oil
- Casserole dish
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Pulled Pork and Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle your foil lined sheet tray with a little olive oil.
- Toss the pork on there, spread evenly, and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is in the oven, spread your sweet potatoes in the casserole dish.
- After the ten minutes for the pork, remove the pork from the oven carefully and push it around with a fork to ensure even heating.
- Pop your pork back in the oven, and place your sweet potatoes in there too! Set a timer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pulled pork and sweet potatoes from the oven after 8-10 minutes or until warmed through!
The Cucumbers + Tomatoes with Feta
- We like to enjoy this cold! Your salad is ready to go!
Alright now, it’s sando time! Slice your brioche roll in half (which you can warm if you want!) and spread some secret sauce on one half. Pickles go on top, and then the pork. Close that sando shut! Place it on a plate with your sweet potatoes, cucumbers + tomatoes, and, well, dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO