No—it’s not a typo. You were expecting ravioli, we know, but we stumbled upon some beautiful tortellinis that we just COULD NOT pass up. Sorry for the surprise, but trust us, it’s gonna be good. We knew that your Thursday night ~almost-the-freaking-weekend~ feelings could only be matched by something just as marvelous, Pumpkin Tortellini! Don’t be timid with the whipped ricotta on top, and lap up all the extra brown butter sauce with your fig and balsamic focaccia. And to compliment this divine dish? A light and crunchy chicory, fennel, and mint salad to leave you feeling refreshed and ready for Fri-yay!
What’s in your bag:
- Brown butter sauce
- Toasted almonds with sage
- Whipped ricotta
- Chicory salad
- Maple dijon vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Tortellini + Sauce
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Once your water is at a rolling boil, cook those tortellinis for about two minutes only! When they rise to the top, they’re done!
- While you wait for them to cook, pour the sauce into a saucepan and warm it over medium until it simmers.
- When the tortellinis are floating happily at the top, strain them and add them to the warmed brown butter sauce.
- Stir to make sure all those tortellnis are sauced up.
- Chuck the salad in a mixing bowl.
- Add the maple dijon vinaigrette, season with s+p and mix mix mix!
- Just toast it up in the toaster oven!
Plate it up! Sauce-y tortellinis, salad, and focaccia. Dollap some ricotta atop your tortellini and sprinkle some almonds on there as well. Heck, add them on the salad too! Who’s stopping ya?!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO