Happy Friday, peeps! Friday the 13th, that is…well lucky you, because roasted chicken ramen is the surefire way to make this potentially unlucky day an absolute win. Just keep an eye out for the occasional ladder, black cat, or mirror. Last time we feasted on ramen we enjoyed the pork belly version- and y’all begged to see this roasted chicken back on the menu, so here we are! It’s a fave of ours too. The combination of fresh noodles, homemade broth, create-your-own-spice-level spicy miso paste, and aalllllll the yummy toppings is completely irresistible. Get to slurpin’ this lucky bowl of ramen!
What’s in your bag:
- Soy marinated roasted chicken breast
- Shiitake mushroom + spring onion broth
- Spicy miso paste
- Beans, peas, and greens
- Fresh wavy noodles
- Scallions, pickled mushrooms + marinated egg
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Small saucepan
- Pasta pot with salted water
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Drizzle olive oil on the sheet tray and place chicken on it.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes when nice and hot, and slice for serving!
The Broth, Beans, Peas, & Greens
- Pour the broth into a small saucepan and heat over medium, about 3 minutes or until just simmering.
- When you’ve got about 30 seconds to go, toss in your beans, peas, and greens to get nice & hot.
- Bring water to boil in a pasta pot, salt the water, and have some tongs on hand.
- Drop in the noodles and let them cook for 90 seconds. Make sure to test for doneness! Use the tongs to scoop them out, give them a shake, and pop them right into the bottom of your bowl.
Now it’s assembly time!
- Add the scallions, pickled mushrooms, egg and chicken on top of the noodles – feel free to make it all fancy or just toss it in.
- Ladle the broth and greens allllll over it.
- Add some miso paste depending on your preference for spice.
Then, grab a spoon and dive in!
Don’t forget— slurp, slurp, slurp!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO