Oh my COD! It’s the perfect time of year for fresh, local seafood and we could not be more ready! We all know cod is the supreme New England fish, it’s got a long history in this region and we love its slightly sweet yet mild flavor. The name of the game is warming your cod in the white bean, fennel + sundried tomato stew so it stays moist and full of flavaaaa. Your mean (nice) green beans have got some zing from Calabrian chiles and fried garlic. In case you were wondering, we heckin’ love fried garlic. We hope you do too 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- New England roasted cod
- White bean, fennel + sundried tomato stew
- Green beans
- Chorizo (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Oven-safe saute pan with high sides (cast iron preferable)
- Tongs or spatula
- Cutting board
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Cod + Stew (+ chorizo if you ordered it!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- If you did not order the chorizo: add a drizzle of olive oil to your saute pan over low-medium heat.
If you ordered chorizo: add your chorizo to a saute pan and heat over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until crispy.
- Slowly pour your stew into the saute pan, stir, and bring to a low simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When lightly simmering, nestle your cod skin side up in the middle of the stew.
- Once the cod is safe and sound in your stew, place the entire saute pan in the oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Once the 7-9 minutes are up, remove your pan carefully from the oven. Using a spatula, carefully pick up your cod from the stew and place it on a cutting board for 2-3 minutes to rest.
The Green Beans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange your green beans on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and place the tray in the oven for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven!
Take a shallow bowl and carefully spoon some of your stew in there. Place your cod on top, green beans can go on a side plate. If you like to eat fish skin, go for it! If it’s not your cup of tea, no problemo!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO