Hey Fam! It’s brunch o’clock and you are JUST in time. Thank goodness, we know you’re hungry! Now, turn your oven on to 375F… and let’s talk shakshuka.
This dish, ohhhh this dish. We love it very much, in case you couldn’t tell. Originating in North Africa and the Middle East, shakshuka traditionally consists of saucy tomatoes, onion, garlic and spices with eggs poached on top. Ours is a bit of a WECO riff on the traditional version, adding red bell pepper, eggplant, red onion, and zucchini to the zesty tomato sauce mix. As with any WECO meal, you’re the boss here. So, rip your pita, dip your pita, load it up with saucy eggs and feta cheese, or eat it in a bowl all together. Seriously, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Your roasted veggie shakshuka!
- Zesty tomato sauce
- Crumbled feta cheese
- 2 pieces of pita
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove the lid to your shakshuka, and place the tin on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pour your zesty tomato sauce all over the eggs & veggies!
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
- Toast in a toaster oven, or toss them on the sheet tray in the oven for the last five minutes of warming your shakshuka!
To serve: Sprinkle the feta all over your shakshuka! Scoop an egg (with lots of sauce & veggies!) into a bowl and enjoy with your pita 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!