It’s shroomy bolo night! Y’all already know we do things differently around here and tonight is no different. Bolognese, for instance… classically made with ground beef. We decided to use it as inspiration as a vegetarian-forward dinner, starring roasted wild mushrooms + cipollini onions. The sauce is thick and deliciously chunky like a traditional bolo, but with mushrooms instead. So excited to get you this WECO’ized version!
What’s in your bag:
- Mushroom + garlic cream sauce
- Herbed breadcrumbs
- Parsley pesto
- Baby kale salad
- Shallot balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the rigatoni. Cook ‘em for about 4 minutes. Test them to make sure they’re done just right.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 4-5 minutes.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the rigatoni to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the baby kale salad into a mixing bowl and season with s + p.
- Drizzle the shallot balsamic vinaigrette
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven or toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Grab a shallow bowl and add the rigatoni. Ladle the bolognese all over. Add a dollop of pesto on top—we suggest saving some to have with the focaccia, which you should put right on the side of your bowl. Sprinkle the herbed breadcrumbs on top, too. Put the salad in a side dish and enjoy your Wednesday feast!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO