Notta gonna lie, we’ve been SO excited for the debut of this new salmon piccata. Obviously, our pescatarian play on the classic Italian-American dish has a few notable differences. One, subbing the usual chicken or veal for salmon. And two, not taking said protein and pounding it flat. Nope, we kept your salmon filet nice n’ plump for this one.
But don’t worry, the dish remains familiar in other important ways. There’s a golden breaded crust, of course, in this case using toasted panko that’s been infused with lemon zest and parsley. And naturally, you gotta have the signature sauce. The buttery, briny, lemony caper cream sauce, that’s just delightfully decadent in the best possible way. We’re serving it up with roasted asparagus (which you definitely want to drag through that sauce) and hearty multigrain mushroom pilaf (again, great for soaking up the sauce). And there you have it, we hope you enjoy it a whole lotta 😉
Total prep time: 15-17
What’s in your bag:
- Lemon-panko crusted salmon
- Roasted asparagus spears
- Multigrain mushroom pilaf
- Caper cream sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Small saucepan
For the Salmon, Asparagus + Pilaf
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Scoop your pilaf and asparagus into your casserole dish, arranging side by side. (Don’t forget to leave room for your salmon that’ll be joining in a little bit!) Drizzle about two teaspoons of water over your pilaf.
- Pop the dish in the oven for 5 minutes. Then, remove carefully and add your salmon in!
- Heat for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until warmed to your liking. (Optional: If you wanna get the panko crust extra crispy, set your oven to broil for the last minute. Every broiler is different, so just be sure to keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t get TOO crispy.)
For the Caper Sauce
- Pour your sauce into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low.
- Warm, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce gets nice and hot!
To serve, plate up your pilaf and asparagus next to your salmon and pour that piccata sauce allllllll over!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!