Boring isn’t really our style, hence the riveting menu on tap tonight (insert fireworks emoji!) Bell peppers filled with sweet Italian Walden Local Meat Co. sausage, chickpeas, and mushrooms, topped with a little bit of panko for fun. Each pepper was filled by hand with love, which explains why they taste so d@mn good! The best part is setting up your plate, with the quinoa and kale as the base. The saffron honey packs a lot of flavor, so go light on your first round of drizzling and return later on to drizzle more if you need 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Stuffed pepper
- Quinoa and kale
- Saffron honey
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- A microwave safe bowl
- Aluminium foil lined sheet tray (optional)
- A saute pan (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
Total prep time: 7 minutes
- Microwave or oven, you pick! If you’re going the microwave route, remove the lid to the bowl and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes or so.
- If you’d rather the oven, place the pepper on an aluminum foil line sheet tray and toss it in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You might need 5 minutes more, just give it a peek and assess. If they look all steamy and hot, they’re good to go!
- Microwave or saute pan, the choice is up to you! For microwave, place your quinoa in a bowl and zap for 1-2 minutes.
- For the saute pan, drizzle a little olive oil on there and heat the quinoa on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, moving it around to prevent sticking.
Assembly time! Spoon the quinoa onto your plate and place your peppers on top. Drizzle the honey over the pepper, snap a pic, and dig in!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO