Just like mac + cheese and chicken + waffles, sausage + peppers is an iconic food duo. Like, if they were a Hollywood couple, they’d toooootally have their own nickname, right? Maybe “Sauspep,” or “Pepsage”?
Yeah, ok, we hear you– it doesn’t quite roll off the tongue like “Bennifer” does. So their celebrity couple name is gonna require some work, but you know what doesn’t? Tonight’s dinner. That’s right, your sweet Italian sausages have been pre-cooked for you, and your peppers n’ onions are already sauteed to perfection. Basically all you need to do is set ‘em (on the grill or in the oven, you choose!), forget ‘em (for a few minutes), and give those buttery brioche buns a quick toast. Dress ‘em up with your favorite condiments and chow down!
What’s in your bag:
- Four (pre-cooked!) sweet Italian sausages + sauteed onions + peppers
- Brioche buns
What you’ll need from home:
- Tongs (for Option #1)
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray (for Option #2)
Total prep time: 20 minutes
Option #1 (on the grill!):
- Before starting, your grill should be at medium heat, 325F-400F.
- Bring everything out to the grill — including the metal pan your sausages + peppers came in!
- Use your tongs to place the sausages on the grill.
- Then, place the metal pan with the peppers + onions right on the grill, next to your sausages.
- Cover the grill and let everything get nice and hot (maybe even a little charred!), around 6-8 minutes. Open the grill once or twice during this time to flip the sausages and give the peppers + onions a stir.
- Once everything is warmed to your liking, transfer the sausages and peppers + onions to a plate.
- Pop your brioche buns on the grill for a minute or two to get them roasty-toasty.
Option #2 (in the oven):
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange the sausages on one side of your foil-lined sheet tray, and spread the peppers + onions on the other.
- Pop it in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- Place your buns on the tray for the last 5 minutes to toast.
Time to eat! Place a sausage in a bun, and pile high with peppers + onions. If you like, add whatever condiments you have on hand. We like grainy mustard, but we’re not telling you what to do 😉
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!