Ding ding ding! You’re the lucky eater of a WECO Fam fave tonight. And honestly, we get it. Who wouldn’t want delicious sesame-crusted salmon?! Ethically farmed in the Faroe Islands – this salmon should make you feel good from the inside out. Omega-3s and sustainability FTW!
We gave these filets the olive oil poach treatment, then lightly rubbed them with some lemony tahini and a sprinkling of sesame seeds on top. Can’t forget about the broccoli, which you’ll broil alongside its bestie, the salmon. And THEN you’ve got your gold quinoa studded with spinach, eggplant, and roasted garlic. Just a quick ten to fifteen minutes and you’re off to the dinner races. What a feast, y’all. Happy Wednesday!
What’s in your bag:
-Wild-caught Faroe Islands salmon
-Roasted + shaved broccoli with red chile + cumin
-Gold quinoa with spinach, eggplant + roasted garlic
What you’ll need from home:
-Sheet tray with foil
-Optional: a pan
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
Before we get going, we’re going to save you on the dishes – put the salmon and the broccoli on the same sheet tray. You’re welcome. 🙂
We’re broilin’ tonight to get some caramelize-y action on the sesame rubbed flesh side.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle a scant amount of olive oil on there so the fish doesn’t stick.
- Pop it in the broiler on low, and broil for 4-6 minutes until the tahini begins to bubble and brown. At this point, the fish should be warmed through, but if you want it well done, proceed to step 4!
- Hi, well-doners. Pop the salmon in the oven on 400F for another 4-6 minutes until it’s cooked to your liking!
- Give it a broil for the same amount of time as the salmon to lightly char and warm through.
-Do nothing. Yup, we said it. Just enjoy the quinoa cold! You’ll get a real feel for the texture and flavor that way.
-Want it hot? No problem – microwave or quickly pan fry until hot! Your call 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO