Tuna steaks for dinner, aren’t we lucky?! Your tuna has already been marinated in a blend of soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and a leeeeetle bit of lime juice, which gives it that hint of acidity. We like to enjoy our tuna cold, but as any seasoned WECO-er knows, you can do whatever you want with your meal. So, we also included some instructions on warming it up if that’s more your taste. We love to dip each piece of tuna in a little ponzu sauce, and then combine it with some rice and a snap pea to construct the PERFECT bite. Well, every bite is perfect, but you already know that 😉
Total prep time: 5 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your tuna!
- Roasted snap peas, bamboo rice + ponzu sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Cutting board and (your sharpest!) knife
- Non-stick pan and olive oil (optional)
- Damp paper towel
Option #1 (cold):
Grab your tuna and place it on the cutting board! Using your nice sharp knife, slice the tuna into half-inch thick slices.
Option #2 (hot):
Grab your tuna! Toss it on a nonstick pan with a little bit of oil, and heat on medium-high for 1 minute on each side (top and bottom). We don’t want to cook this all the way through, the middle should still be pink.
Once done, place it on your cutting board and slice into half inch-thick slices with your sharp knife.
The Snap Peas, Bamboo Rice + Ponzu Sauce:
- Remove the ramekin of ponzu sauce from the container.
- Cover your rice + snap peas with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Add your tuna on top, and pour the ponzu sauce all over. (Or keep it on the side for dippin’, up to you!)
- Grab a fork and enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!