Tuna steaks for dinner, aren’t we lucky?! Your tuna has already been marinated in a blend of soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and a leeeeetle bit of lime juice, which gives it that hint of acidity. We like to enjoy our tuna cold, but as any seasoned WECO-er knows, you can do whatever you want with your dinner. We also included some instructions on warming it up if that’s more your taste. We love to dip each piece of tuna in a little wasabi aioli, and then combine it with some rice and a snap pea to construct the PERFECT bite. Well, every bite is perfect but you already know that 😉
Total prep time: 5 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your tuna!
- Snap peas, bamboo rice + wasabi aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Cutting board and (your sharpest!) knife
- Nonstick pan and olive oil (optional)
Cold: Grab your tuna! Toss it on the cutting board and slice into half inch-thick slices with your sharp knife.
Warm: Grab your tuna! Toss it on a nonstick pan with a little bit of oil, and heat on medium-high for 1 minute on each side (top and bottom). We don’t want to cook this all the way through, the middle should still be pink.
Once done, place it on your cutting board and slice into half inch-thick slices with your sharp knife.
The Snap Peas, Bamboo Rice + Wasabi Aioli:
- Remove the lid to your container of rice and snap peas, and remove the ramekin of wasabi aioli.
- Put the whole container of rice and snap peas right in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Add your tuna on top, dollop the wasabi aioli all over, (careful, it’s got some kick!)
- Grab a fork and enjoy 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO