Hey Fam! It’s brunch o’clock and you are JUST in time. Thank goodness, we know you’re hungry! Now, turn your oven on to 375F… and let’s talk shakshuka.
This dish, ohhhh this dish. We love it very much, in case you couldn’t tell. Originating in North Africa + the Middle East, shakshuka traditionally consists of saucy tomatoes, onion, garlic and spices with eggs poached on top. Ours is a bit of a WECO riff on the traditional version, featuring red bell pepper, eggplant, red onion, and zucchini in your zesty tomato sauce. As with any WECO meal, you’re the boss here. So, rip your pita, dip your pita, load it up with saucy eggs and yogurt, or eat it in a bowl all together. Seriously, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Your roasted veggie shakshuka!
- Zesty tomato sauce
- Sumac yogurt
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove the lid to your shakshuka, and place the tin on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pour your zesty tomato sauce all over the eggs + veggies!
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
- Toast in a toaster oven OR place in the oven on a sheet tray for the last five minutes of warming your shakshuka!
The Sumac Yogurt
- Best served cold!
To serve: Scoop an egg (with lots of sauce!) into a bowl, drizzle on some sumac yogurt, and enjoy with your pita 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!